9:00 – 10:40 Welcome Message & Summit Keynotes
- Welcome Message, Riku Jantti, Professor and Department Head, Communications & Networking Department, School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University, Finland (slides).
- Keynote 1:”5G for the Programmable World,” Lauri Oksanen, VP Research and Technology,Nokia Bell Labs, Finland
- Keynote 2:”Toward 5G Deployment in 2020,” Takehiro Nakamura, VP and General Manager of5G Laboratory, NTT DOCOMO, Inc., Japan (slides).
- Keynote 3:”5G Role in Smart Energy Systems & Factories of the Future,” Simo Saynevirta,Group VP, Platform Engineering, Digital ABB, ABB Group, Finland, (slides)
10:40 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:40 Session 1: 5G Ecosystem & Verticals – Industrial Internet Potential Chair: Matti Latva-aho, Professor, University of Oulu, Finland
- “Wireless for Verticals,” Mikko A. Uusitalo, Head of a Research Department, Wireless Advanced Technologies, Nokia Bell Labs, Finland (slides).
- “Platforms Economy Enabled by 5G, Cyber Security, AI and IoT – and the Finnish Twist,” Mika Klemettinen, Programme Manager, Tekes – the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, Finland (slides).
- “Towards 5G Commercial Deployment,” Janne Peisa, Leader of Ericsson Research 5G Standardization Program, Ericsson Research, Finland (slides).
- “Industrial internet deployment: what new benefits will 5G bring?,” Jari Collin, CTO, Telia Finland Oy, Finland (slides).
- “Industrial use cases of 5G,” Martti Mantyla, Professor, Computer Science Department, Aalto University, Finland (slides).
12:40 – 14:00 Networking Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 Session 2: 5G’s Programmable World Chair: Konstantinos Samdanis, Principal Researcher, Huawei, Germany (slides)
- “Network Slicing – An operator’s perspective,” Kashif Mahmood, Research Scientist, Telenor Research in Telenor Group, Norway (slides).
- “IoT/5G Network Softwarization and In-Network Deep Learning,” Akihiro Nakao, Chair, 5GMF Network Architecture Committee, Professor, the University of Tokyo, Japan (slides).
- “IoT and the Link with 5G,” Christele Bouchat, Standardization Strategy Executive – CTO Office, Nokia, Belgium (slides).
- “The Use Case for 5G / Wireline Convergence,” Barbara Stark, Lead Member of Technical Staff, AT&T (slides).
- “Fixed Mobile Convergence and 5G,” Georgios Karagiannis, Principal Strategist in Standardization and Industry Development, Huawei Technologies Dusseldorf GmbH (slides).
15:00 – 16:00 Session 3: 5G Vertical – Healthcare Potential Chair: Christoph Thuemmler, Professor, Edinburgh Napier University, UK (slides)
- “The power of 5G to drive personal health,” Ian Hay, Chair, Global Technical Committee, PCHAlliance (Personal Connected Health Alliance), Head of Emerging Ecosystems, Orange, France (slides).
- “From Research to Innovation: The Italtel path towards 5G Healthcare,” Crosta Paolo Secondo, Head of Project Financing, ITALTEL SPA, Italy (slides).
- “Large Scale Application Model potential of eHealth technology under 5G AP,” Christoph Thuemmler, Professor, Institute for Informatics & Digital Innovation, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- “Health Use cases Enabled by 5G,” Milla Immonen, Senior Scientist & Project Manager, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd., Finland (slides)
16:00 – 16:30 Coffee Break
16:30 – 17:30 Session 4: 5G Vertical –Automotive & UAV Potential Chair: Zhenhui Yuan, RobSense Technologies. Co.ltd, China (slides)
- “Drones will be everywhere and their safe use needs advanced wireless capabilities,” Tero Heinonen, Chairman at ArcticRED Ltd, Finland; Founder & board member, Sharper Shape Inc., USA (slides).
- “5G and UAV Use Cases,” Richard Wiren, Senior Solution Architect, Ericsson Research, Finland (slides).
- “Roadside-assisted V2V messaging with 5G mobile edge computing,” Manabu Tsukada, Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Japan (slides).
- “UAV Management System based on IoT Platform and U2X Networks,” Jaeho Kim, Team Leader/Management Researcher, Korea Electronics Technology Institute, Korea (slides).
17:30 – 18:30 Session 5: 5G Standards – IEEE Role? Chair: Mehmet Ulema, Professor, Computer Information Systems Manhattan College, USA (slides)
- “IEEE 1914 NGFI (xhaul): building the transport foundation for 5G”, Jouni Korhonen, Nordic Semiconductor, Norway (slides).
- “Micro operator driven 5G ecosystem for local service delivery,” Marja Matinmikko, University of Oulu, Finland (slides).
- “Thoughts on Standardization of Spectrum Sharing Solutions for 5G,” Oliver Holland, King’s College London, UK (slides).
- “The IEEE/ComSoc ecosystem for Innovation and Standardization in 5G-relevant Technologies,” Alex Gelman, CTO, NETovations Consulting Group, USA (slides).
19:00 – 21:00 Social Dinner